February 10, 2015

CODEX V Book Fair & Symposium

...
This past weekend I visited the CODEX V Book Fair and Symposium at Craneway Pavilion, Richmond, CA. This was my very first time attending CODEX and it totally blew my mind. I came there with my Black Rock Press crew, Judith and Jaime. The fair actually runs from February 8-11 but we could only come on its first day.

Anyway, I was blown away at the number of book artists and fine presses from around the world, such as Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, United Kingdom and of course, United State. The fair was packed with almost 200 vendors presenting at the same time in a huge room. We spent roughly 4 hours browsing through the fair. SO MUCH that at one point three of us had to stop and came out to breathe. It was very inspiring, but at the same time too much to bear at once. I got to see really really amazing works from artists all over the world (I got some inspiration for upcoming projects already *laugh*). 

On our way back, fortunately, we escaped a snow blizzard (I totally slept through it - but according to Jaime, it was really scary driving through such weather, especially the roads were not in a great condition either). I bought a scroll of natural Kitakata for my next project and lots of sweets from a local place called Ikeda (they have amazing selections of dry fruits, sweets, and pies). 

After a good rest, I'm very inspired to start working on my new project and looking forward to my next trip to the SGC Conference at Knoxville, TN in March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment